Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Dear Jesus



Nothing can make a mother more proud than seeing their children grow up to serve the One And Only God and Savior! My children 5,6,and 2 year old already have a passion for their Jesus. Just the other day Chloe informed me after getting home from her Nana's house that even if we are not in Church, it is ok to still talk about Jesus and sing praise to Him.

We just recently had a HUGE storn that caused a lot of damage in our neighborhood and miami county. Our power was out for over 14 hours. As we layed on the bed around 11 p.m. Noah said "Mommy, the clouds are MAD! We need to pray. Jesus can stop this and give us back our lights." The mad clouds made me giggle!

Then there is Ruthi. Recently my dad got her this praying precious moment baby. It says the prayer "Now I lay me down to sleep" At the very end it says amen. Well, we push it every night before she goes to bed. She always says "amen" after it's done.
Well, shortly after she got this doll she was inspired to pray with the kids at the dinner table. Can I just say it is the most precious thing I have ever witnessed. I am so proud of her. It is a huge wake up call and reminds me NOW is the time to be praying for the salvation of my children. Now is when they learn who exactly God is.

The bible says to teach our children in the ways of God and they will not depart from it. I don't believe this means mearly speaking that there is a God....I mean visably showing them and modeling for them the Passion YOU have for Christ....they will see in You how much you love Him and see in your actions and life how to serve Him. And when you fail and mess up....show them it's ok to fall at the foot of the cross and find forgiveness. They will not always have this innocence that we see now. Life will get ahold of them like it did us. The world will try to warp their minds and sin will steal so much from their life. But thank God for Jesus!

The best gift you can give your babies is to give your heart to Jesus. Love Him, serve Him, Worship Him....your children will see what you give your time to, your heart to....remember actions ALWAYS speak louder than words.

2 comments:

  1. What a crazy storm you had! 14 hours is a long time to go without power!!!

    I agree on the living it out part. Many people "speak" the Truth, but it's another thing to "live" the Truth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blog. I certainly believe faith and values are to be taught, but more importantly if we aren't the examples they will never be caught. I believe when your kids see you honoring God in worship, personal devotion, in how you treat your spouse, treat and help others etc etc etc. they are at the least knowing that this Christian walk is very real to you. At the most they accept the truth too. I pray constantly for my daughters heart to be softened for the Gospel. I hope that she accepts it ( or gets saved) at an early age.

    My mom used to tell me that when it was storming really bad outside it was just the angels bowling in heaven. I wasn't raised in a christian home but that bowling thought gave me comfort.

    ReplyDelete